Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Low-carb diets don’t hurt kidneys




Sometimes, the best thing to do when you go low-carb is keep your mouth shut — because the moment people find out you’re on this woe, they try to side track you by repeating every myth and outright lie they ever heard about the diet.
And there are plenty of them like this one that’s bound to come up sooner or later: A low-carb diet is bad for your kidneys.
This is so not true..
If your kidneys could talk, they’d thank you for going on a diet of all-natural fats and proteins  because they’ll no longer have to work overtime filtering out all the toxins that come from a modern garbage diet high in processed junk.
It’s the best thing that’s ever happened to your kidneys,
Another myth, busted   but it’s one thing to simply not hurt the kidneys, .
It’s quite another to actually help them, and other studies have shown that going low-carb can do just that. In one study last year, the diet actually reversed kidney damage in diabetic mice.
No surprise. Obesity and diabetes are what hurt kidneys — and the healthy animal proteins you’ll enjoy as part of a low-carb diet will shrink your gut, prevent diabetes, protect your heart , and help your kidneys… all at the same time. so there's another reason why you would really wanna do this diet :) and ps. I am not a dr just an average person who looks up research and have been doing this diet myself and have been seeing all the great benefits

1 comment:

  1. When I first found out I needed to see a kidney doctor because the numbers were too high over a period of doctor visits, I searched to learn more. When looking for diet plans, I read that protein and whole grains, and most of the good foods for you, put more work on the kidneys. an example was to switch from whole wheat to white bread. So, reading this confuses me.
    I was told to stop taking NSAIDS or any aspirin. The readings lowered but, I still have kidney damage.
    I need reasurance from this group to guide me in the right direction. I do need to lose a lot of weight and save my kidneys. I am also, diabetic, on 2mg of a pill. I haven't been good with that diet, either. Help me do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete