Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What is keto flu?

Many people (not everyone!) who start a low carb diet experience what’s called the “keto flu” or the “induction flu” in the first few days while the body is adapting to burning ketones instead of glucose. The basic symptoms are:
  • headaches
  • nausea
  • upset stomach
  • Lack of mental clarity (brain fog)
  • sleepiness
  • fatigue
It’s called the “keto flu” for a reason: you feel sick. I’ve gone through it and it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Fortunately it only lasted 3 days (1 of them were pretty bad) but then suddenly I woke up feeling much better, less hungry and my energy level was really high and consistent throughout the day! While at one point (or three or four) but I plowed through it and when it was over I didn’t regret a thing because what I gained mentally and physically was 100% worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment